If you want countertops with a beautiful, elegant sheen in a durable, natural stone, marble is a great choice. Not only does marble have a luminous quality, each piece is unique in color, hue, and veining. The individual look of a marble slab is determined by both the geographic area of origin and the amount of heat and pressure present when the marble was formed. Many homeowners like the fact that marble can give their home a truly one-of-a-kind in appearance.
Marble can be used in many different applications. Ivey Lane has experience crafting and installing marble for both large and small projects, including:
- Vanity tops
- Marble fireplace hearths and surrounds
- Marble tabletops for dining, coffee, and side tables
- Marble signs
- Restaurant countertops, bars, and tabletops
Ivey Lane highly recommends that marble be sealed after installation. Marble is a softer stone and will etch and patina with time. Honing your marble tops will minimize the appearance of etching. The following tips will help your marble maintain its beauty:
- Wipe up spills immediately to avoid stains
- Use cutting boards to prevent scratching
- Acidic food and drinks can etch marble. Avoid letting vinegar, citrus, or tomato sit on the stone.
- Avoid acidic or abrasive cleaners. Use a damp sponge and a cleaner designed for natural stone.
- If water is no longer beading on your countertop, it’s time to reseal your marble.
With proper care, marble can last a lifetime.