The Importance of Sealing Your Countertops
While engineered surface countertops typically don’t require any form of sealing due to the fact that they’re made from a stone and resin composite, natural countertops do need to be sealed if you wish to preserve their beauty and extend their longevity.
Because countertops see daily wear and tear, and each type of natural stone countertop varies in porosity and may require additional amounts of sealant, we highly recommend having this job done by professionals who know the ins and outs of the sealing process. Our team of experts at Ivey Lane are ready to help!
Our quality sealant:
- Enhances the counter’s natural beauty.
- Helps resist stains from food or drink.
- Ensures easy cleaning of your counters.
- Prolongs the life of your countertops.
Once your counters are sealed, you’ll want to take good care of maintaining your investment by remembering the following tips:
- Wipe them daily with a dry cloth to prevent dust build up.
- Disinfect at least once a week with a non-abrasive cleaning agent to disinfect areas where you frequently handle food.
- Be sure to clean up spills or stains immediately to avoid set-in stains or tarnishing.